Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm on Facebook!

Yes, you read that right! I have debated for a long time whether or not I should make the jump and create a Facebook fan page for my blog. I finally decided that it sure couldn't hurt anything except for the fact that now I'll be checking Facebook twice as much since I have a personal page as well! This mixed with Pinterest will most definitely lead to the end of all my productivity :)

Here's what I plan to post on Facebook:
1. Sneak Peeks of projects
2. Features of cool bloggers
3. Random ramblings by me

So if you want to be "in the know" about all Young and Crafty news I hope you'll go "like" my page if you like!

Just follow this link:





P.S. It took me about an HOUR to figure out this whole fan page thing! Geez I'm computer illiterate!

"Love" Wall Art {Tutorial}


I'm sure you've all seen this headboard made by House Tweaking.


It's been on my mind ever since I first saw it. When someone asked me to make them some wall are for their master bedroom I immediately thought of this!

She wanted the shabby chic look and here is what I came up with:


I used old pallets for my wood. I wanted the worn wood look.

Wood pallets are hard as heck-o-la to take apart!
They build them like they have to hold heavy materials or something...

I ended up cutting off both sides and then pulling the nails out of the middle part.


By this point I was dripping sweat. It was hotter than hades outside.
I don't even sweat like that when I work out!

I flipped all the boards over to the side I didn't want to use and then pieced two pieces together to hold the shorter boards together.


I used a combo of wood glue and about a million nails. I really don't think the wood glue did anything though.


Here's the front side. So rustic! I hated to paint them but had to so that they were more shabby chic-ish.


I gave the boards two coats of white and then wrote out the word love in pencil. Then just paint over your tracing until you get the thickness you want.


Then distress like crazy. I sanded over everything so that it wouldn't look like I had just painted the letters.


This was after all the sanding. I then glazed it with my favorite glaze (used here, here, & here)

And here is the final product which I "love"! This one is going to be hard to part with!




As you can see I had a few variations to the original. Obviously the white paint is different and I also had to turn the boards vertical rather than horizontal in order to get the size I wanted.


I sure hope she likes it!!