Young and Crafty Sisters: 07/17/11

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Guest Bathroom Shower Curtain


I've mentioned a few times that i was ready to redo our guest bathroom. It was blue when we moved in and I just went with it and created a beachy bathroom.


This one is with the new shower curtain up but before paint. I plan to paint, change out the mirror and the fixture.

I knew I wanted to do yellow and gray in here. I may or may not have a slight obsession with yellow and gray.

Let me just tell you, I couldn't find yellow & gray or just yellow fabric anywhere. 
After I finished up my shower curtain I saw some beautiful zig-zag yellow at Hancock's. Of course I did.

So since I couldn't find any fabric I wanted to use for the shower curtain, I used Welcome to Heardmont's idea of turning a twin sheet into a shower curtain.


I used a straight pin to measure the length I wanted each buttonhole to be. I was a super genius here and used a green marker. Let me just go ahead and tell you, use a pencil. You won't regret it.


My buttonhole stitch on my machine doesn't work right. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm doing so I just sewed zig-zags really close together all the away around.


Use your seam ripper to rip them open and then take your scissors and clean up around the edges.

Congrats you are now done with the suckiest part of the whole project!

Now it's time to paint!

I originally wanted to have a chevron pattern.


I even got this much done. It wasn't adding up perfectly so I scrapped the whole thing. To much measuring and thinking for my brain!


I opted for stripes instead. Mine are 10 inches each.


Rudy wanted to help me so I had to lint role before I started painting! How could I resist that face?!


I used a sample size of paint and I got this far before I ran out. REALLY!?


I only had one mess-up. I just painted it over with white. Nope it's not perfect but I figured the white is less visible than the yellow. You can't even see it when it's hanging up!


I don't know what in the world I was thinking using a green marker! Yup you can still see every.single.dot.
I'm not that worried about them because they are so high up. If anyone notices, I'll give them a $1!


And here is the finished product! I love the way it turned out.


I don't know if using wall paint was the best idea. It's a little stiff where the yellow stripes are and I don't know I if can wash it or not. If I were to paint it again I would probably try to use fabric paint.


This is just step one in the bathroom redo. I can't promise you when the rest of it will be finished because I haven't even started yet!! Of course I will keep you updated along the way :)






Linking Up To These Parties: Monday- Embellishing Life Craft-O-Maniac Its So Very Cheri Making the World Cuter C.R.A.F.T. The Girl Creative Tuesday- Sugar Bee Crafts Topsy Turvy Cakes Night Owl Crafting A Diamond in the Stuff Home Stories A to Z Today's Creative Blog Funky Polkadot Giraffe Wednesday-  Trendy Treehouse Fireflies & Jellybeans Saturday MorningsThursday- Somewhat Simple Paisley Passions What Allie's Making Now Christina's Adventures House of Hepworths Friday- Sassy Sites Fingerprints on the Fridge Tatertots and Jello Chic on a Shoestring Decorating  Sunday- Under the Table and Dreaming I Heart Nap Time