Snacks are imperative to keeping your metabolism going. I have a snack every.single.day. between lunch and dinner. The goal of eating a snack is to make sure you aren’t starving at dinner and then overeat. The snack should be around 200 calories or less. It’s NOT a meal!
Sometimes I’ll have two snacks that are around 100 calories each and then other times I’ll just have one at 200 calories. I guess it just depends on my mood!
You could have a candy bar that is around 200 calories or you could have another option that is much more filling. A candy bar will not make you fill full for very long.
So here are 10 of my go to snack options:
1. 100 calorie popcorn
2. Banana with 1 tbsp of peanut butter
3. Apple with 1 tbsp of peanut butter
4. Atkins protein bars (LOVE! And that’s my favorite one to.)
5. Dried fruits and nut mixture in a snack size baggie
6. Greek yogurt with fruit mixed in
7. Any flavor Yoplait yogurt
8. Handful of nuts
9. Any 100 calorie snack
10. Beef Jerky
Hope this helps! Grab a snack for between meals!