5 Easy Steps to Plan Your Wedding Reception Perfectly
It can be quite daunting for anyone to plan their wedding reception. Fear not because everyone goes through the nervous stage where they feel that they won’t be able to do it perfectly. The main thing to do is be organized and calm at all times. The following 5 steps will take you through it easily –
- Set The Date Before You Start Hunting For Locations - All the good and preferable venues have pre bookings and some of them even go on for two or three years. So, before you go location hunting, decide on a date. Only then can you plan out the venue and make necessary changes to your plans on the availability of the same.
- Prepare A Budget – Your wedding reception is going to be one of the biggest expenses of your life and without budgeting, everything will fall apart. Most people have a certain budget in their heads but when they jot down estimates of everything, they find that the costs exceed their expectations. Thus, even if you think you have enough to splurge, never underestimate the power of budgeting and your ability to overspend.
- Decide On The Type Of Reception You Want – There are many things you need to decide under this point. It depends on your personality and preference, plus your budget on the kind of wedding reception you will have. Outdoor weddings bring a lot of uncertainty with them because of their dependence on the weather and other things. So, make sure you have a plan B.
Also, if your budget is tight and you want an outdoor wedding, ensure that you choose a season that comes with discounts, like winter season. These are the kinds of reception you could plan -
· Beach Reception – Beach receptions bring beautiful pictures and happy outfits with them. Beware of the waves and the sand, though.
· Picnic Reception – A bit unusual but for couples that love nature, this could be a perfect reception without being too formal.
· Cocktail Reception – For the sophisticated and modern couple that likes to have a lot of fun, this can be perfect. But raising a toast or getting heard could be difficult because the reception won’t be as organized as you might like.
- Take A Count And Make Arrangements For Seating – Never ignore this bit because it has caused many disasters at weddings. Decide on where the bride and groom would sit and you might want to ensure that friends and family of the couple get to sit with each other.
- Decide On The Food – Wedding cakes have to be preordered as well, so make sure you do that. Ensure that there is enough food for everyone. Also, there might be vegans and vegetarians in your guests, so it is important that there is a separate place on the menu for their food as well.
Most importantly, don’t get perturbed if something goes awry. Take the help of friends and family and always have backup plans and you will be fine.
This is a sponsored post and not original content of www.youngandcrafty.com