I made these wooden block photos for Brent around Christmas time. Such an easy and fun project. Definitely more character than just gifting regular photos in a frame.
- Wooden blocks (I got mine from the bargain bin at Home Depot and had them cut in 4 rectangles)
- Printed photos (print on the thinnest paper possible, not photo paper. I had mine done at Staples)
- Gloss Heavy Gel Medium (shown below, from any craft store)
- Mod Podge
- Sawtooth picture hangers (shown below, optional)
- Wet cloth
The most difficult part of this project was going to all of the different stores to gather the materials (Staples, Home Depot & Michael’s). I watched these YouTube video (here and here) to get a better understanding of how to complete the project…if you can’t tell, I love watching videos prior to doing projects
- Generously apply gel medium with a paintbrush to the wooden block. Don’t skimp on the edges.
- Place the photo facedown and smooth out any bubbles.
- Let the photos dry overnight.
- Take a wet washcloth and scrub the paper off the wood. Let it dry.
- Apply Mod Podge to protect the picture.
- Optional – paint the edges of the wood. I kept mine natural & rustic.
- Add picture hooks or display on a stand.
I absolutely love how you can see the wood grain in the photos, looks really neat in the beach picture on the sand.
I love the exposed edges. I think it would also look nice to paint or stain the edges, although I was a little nervous the stain may bleed into the picture. Hope you enjoyed this easy project!!
Linking Up To These Parties:
Monday- Skip to my Lou Craft-O-Maniac Making the World Cuter C.R.A.F.T. The Girl CreativeTuesday- Sugar Bee Crafts A Diamond in the Stuff Home Stories A to Z Today's Creative BlogFunky Polkadot Giraffe Wednesday- Trendy TreehouseFireflies & Jellybeans Thursday-Somewhat Simple House of Hepworths Friday-Fingerprints on the Fridge Tatertots and JelloChic on a Shoestring Decorating Sunday- Under the Table and Dreaming I Heart Nap Time